Grooming your dog is an essential part of taking care of them. To help make your pup’s next experience less stressful, here are some tips for your dog’s next appointment.
- Groom your dog at home. By brushing them or clipping their nails on a regular basis, you are acquainting them with the process in a safe, familiar environment – which will make it a lot easier when a stranger starts doing it at the salon.
- Give your dog a full body massage starting at the head, making sure you touch everywhere a groomer would touch.
- Properly describe your dog. Let the groomer know ahead of time if your dog has any special needs or can be aggressive at times. This keeps everyone safe!
- When it is finally time to bring your dog to the groomer, make sure you keep the goodbye short and sweet. A pat on the head and a quick see you later should suffice and will make it easier for your dog and the groomer.
- Once you pick up your pup, don’t forget to offer plenty of praise and treats for a job well done!
So, when you decide it is time to pamper your sweet pooch and get them groomed follow these steps and it will a quick and easy experience for all parties involved!