Whether you’re traveling for the holidays, spring break, summer vacation or just planning a staycation, we’ve rounded up our favorite dog-friendly hotels.
A family vacation isn’t complete if your furry four-legged family members aren’t with you! With so many hotels banning pups from entering their doors, it can be hard to find a place where you can your dog can stay! That’s why we’ve rounded up our favorite dog-friendly hotels in the greatest vacation spots around.
- Aqua Waikiki Wave (Honolulu, Hawaii) – With amenities like yummy treats, food and water bowls, a doggy bed and a special toy, your pup will be vacationing in style at this 3.5-star hotel in gorgeous Honolulu. It’s a great area for leisurely walks with your doggy. To enjoy these pet-friendly accommodations, your pooch must way 40 pounds or less. The good news is that up to 2 dogs are allowed.
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort (Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico) – If you’re looking for a familiar name in beautiful Baja California, the pet-friendly Hilton Los Cabos Resort is the place to go! They welcome one pet up to 25 pounds for no additional fee — and your pup even gets a complimentary dog bowl and bed to use! Dog-sitting services are also available if you decide you need some alone time to enjoy the pool.
- Affinia Dumont (New York, New York) – This pet-friendly hotel welcomes dogs with open arms and lots of treats! Your pup can be added to the VIPaws Pet Program, which includes discounts on neighborhood pet products and services, food and water bowls, an oversized pet bed, toys, and treats! You’ll also receive a door hanger to alert hotel staff that your four-legged traveling companion is with you. If your pup is too small to get on the bed, you’ll even get a set of dog stairs so your precious pooch can sleep comfortably next to you.
- W South Beach (Miami Beach, Florida) – All W Hotels have the A.W. (Pets Are Welcome) program, which is designed to pamper four-legged guests with the same level of service as their humans. This means every pup gets a welcome ‘goodie bag’ with a complimentary toy, treat, tag, clean-up bags and a welcome letter with local pet-friendly info! Guest rooms always include an exclusive W Hotel pet bed, food and water bowls with a floor mat, and a ‘pet in room’ door sign. The best part? Your dog even gets a treat on his pillow at night — the height of luxury!
- Kimpton Palomar (Los Angeles, CA) – If you’re looking for a staycation in the L.A. area, look no further than the Kimpton Palomar Hotel. All Kimpton boutique hotels invite all pets to stay at no extra charge. They even have furry friends on staff! When you walk in, the Directors of Pet Relations may be there to greet you with a sniff and a tail wag — and the rest of the staff will welcome your pet by name. In your room, you’ll get a plush pet bed, food and water bowls, courtesy bags and a door hanger to alert other guests and staff that your pup is in the room. A concierge will be happy to offer information on local pet-friendly restaurants, parks, and boutiques. There’s even a nightly wine reception that dogs are welcome to join! Both you and your pup are sure to be pampered here!
Let us know your favorite dog-friendly hotel or resort! For those times that traveling with your pooch is just not ideal, bring them to their favorite home away from home, Fitdog!