It is HOT outside! Humans love to cool down with ice cream, and so do our furry friends. Below is a simple and delicious DIY Pinterest-worthy dog ice cream recipe that you can make at home with ingredients you might already have in your fridge! Fun fact: You can eat them too!
- Small plastic dog bones or treat to act as a stick (we love using Polkadog treats!)
- Dixie cups
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- Make sure there’s no sugar or salt!
- A frozen banana or ½ cup bag of pre-sliced bananas from the freezer aisle
- 17oz container of Greek yogurt, plain flavor
Dog Ice Cream Recipe
1. In a blender, combine the honey, peanut butter and bananas
2. Blend until smooth
3. Add in the Greek yogurt and blend again until the mixture is thick, like a milkshake consistency
4. Pour the mixture into the Dixie cups
5. Stick the treats into center of the the mixture
6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 as many times as you’d like!
7. Pop into freezer, making sure they stay upright
You can make this easy by placing them all on a plate or baking sheet. They were frozen in about 1.5-2 hours.
8. Once ready to serve, run the Dixie cup under warm water to loosen, and remove the treat.
We served these here at Fitdog to some very eager pups! They were a hit. We had to take them away for fear they would eat too much!
Let us know!
Did you make these for your pup, or do you have another awesome DIY recipe we can try out? Let us know in the comments!